Mark and Jenny, Chapter 7 : Opening up

Submitting your vote...
Rating: 3.0 of 5. 1 vote(s).
Click the rating bar to rate this item.
Published on 27.12.09 23:00 Age: 10 yrs
Category: Mark and Jenny

Letters : 4293 Words : 827

By: The Administrator

Jenny opens up to Mark thanks to the previous events, forcing Mark to finally open up to Jenny.

Starting the next morning at school, Jenny started to be even closer to me than usual. She talked more to me than to Samantha. I guess she felt closer to me by having shared her secret, but of course, I then took it as interest from her part.

At the movies, Jenny sat next to me instead of next to Samantha. Well, it wasn't the first time it happened, but in this case, it was the first time I was between the two girls. In the past, Samantha had been in the center roughly 60% of the time, and Jenny the other 40%, but the two friends had always been inseparable. 

This new arrangement meant I could talk to both girls during the movie, but they couldn't talk to each other. It may seem trivial, but it meant that all the conversations that Jenny had during the movie were with me.

I spoke a lot with Jenny on the phone during the week-end, but thanks to the stupid routine, I didn't get the courage to ask if I could go see her and she didn't invite me.

All week long, the closeness continued until, as usual, I ended up at her house after her parents left. I now realized, in her driveway, that one of the reasons she might not want me at home is that her parents were possibly nude the other times.

When she opened the door, instead of being fully dressed, she was wearing her bathrobe from the first time. I knew this meant she might remove it in a few minutes, and I still hadn't said anything about my desire for her.

So, walking to her room, I just blurted out that I was attracted to her. I am not sure how it came out, but it was definitely not offensive because instead of slapping me she asked me why I said that.

"I wanted to make sure you knew how I felt. I've been attracted to you for months, and I didn't want you to find out after you decided to get naked and felt taken advantage of"

"But your friendship ? And last week ? Was this all fake ?"

"No, you know me. I was always honest. But in addition to being a friend, I would like to be your boyfriend. But I was always honest. I never lied to try and take advantage of you"

"Why didn't you say something before ?"

"I didn't want to ruin our friendship"

"Well, I am not ready to date someone, and I don't want to lose you as a friend. Damn it. Every time I get close to a boy."

She sat on her bed, visibly annoyed. Inside, I felt crushed. What was I supposed to do ? Was there still any hope ? All I know is that I didn't want to lose the current relationship I had with her.

"You know Jenny, it's my own problem, not yours. You are my first girl friend, well, I mean my first friend who is a girl. Maybe I am just confusing everything. I find you very sexy and I like you a lot. But I really don't want to lose what we have together. Now you know how I feel, if you change your mind, I am interested, but otherwise, I will respect our friendship."

Well, as you have figured out by now, this story is a recollection of events that occurred years ago, so I didn't exactly say it that way. I sincerely wish I would be able to tell you exactly what convinced Jenny that I could still be a friend, but I somehow did. 

I can tell you which technique I used : active listening. She mentioned she wasn't sure she could continue a friendship with a boy who wanted to date her, and instead of contradicting her, I asked her how that thought made her feel.

We talked for a good hour or so, and in the end, we agreed to stay friends.

The rest of the evening was awkward, but she didn't put clothes on and she never removed her bathrobe. We did talk about why she felt she wasn't ready, and she basically admitted she didn't emotionally mature enough yet for being in a couple  and that preferred to wait until she really was ready.

I ended up agreeing with her, that even thought I felt attraction toward her, I wasn't sure if I was ready for a relationship anyway. I repeated that I wanted to admit today my feelings in order not to be accused of taking advantage of her.

This time, she thanked me.

Characters:



Comments

There are no comments yet on this article

Post a comment on this article

Adding an entry to the guestbook
CAPTCHA image for SPAM prevention 

Please note that comments are moderated and need approval to be published.