Just published a bunch of comments and I read some submitted stories
Published on 02.08.11 08:02 Age: 11 yrs
Letters : 2161 Words : 374
I just realized that there was a lot of unmoderated comments and I just published them, at least, the non-spam ones and those which aren't direct questions to me.
I am now faced with a dilemma.
I have received dozens of stories for publication. I read most of them: the majority are less than 1000 words each.
All of them follow more or less the same pattern of having a main character who is a teenage boy who secretly is a naturist without really knowing why, and who discovers that an older girl he likes is also secretly (or not) a naturist.
They skinny dip once, and the story ends with both teenagers (and sometimes their friends) remain skinny dipping partner without any character development.
You would say it's not that much different than "Mark and Jenny", but I maintain that it's rather different for a few very important reasons:
- Mark isn't a naturist and as such, there isn't a big coincidence of both Mark and Jenny being naturists in secret and suddenly falling for each other
- Jenny's parents are naturists. It's not a story containing only horny teenagers skinny dipping but there is a real naturist background with discussions on how to behave, the rules, etc...
- There is character development, perhaps not perfectly, but Mark doesn't simply discover naturism in one paragraph and is naked by the time the next one starts. It creates a narrative. A story isn't about the ending, it's about the journey... the stories submitted have no journey: the character doesn't really know the sexy teenager (often the older sister of a friend) and within 2 or 3 paragraphs, both are great friends naked in a pool with the original friend out of the story.
- I am not a perfect speller. Really, I am not, but all of these short stories would need complete rewriting to sound vaguely professional.
My goal for Naturist-fiction.com was to build a community of writers who are dedicated to creating free online quality naturist stories which show what naturism really is about.
I do not think that showing teenagers skinny dipping without adult supervision really shows naturism in a good light.
If on top of that the stories are neither interesting or well written, I do not see how to salvage them.
What do you guys think?
- Other news from this category:
I am not dead and I haven't given up on writing more naturist stories in the future, I just didn't get any inspiration since I last wrote, in 2013.
I know, it's a long time but each time I sit down to write new stories, I...
Letters : 1527 Words : 290
Our website domain names expired a few weeks ago, by no fault of ours. In fact, when it expired and got redirected to an awful porn site, I thought we had been hacked!
The reality is even more sinister: our web hosting company...
Letters : 1148 Words : 188
I got a lot of e-mails about my situational depression and felt like I was repeating all of the time what my job was about. Here is some information
Letters : 2856 Words : 529
Two new stories are in progress for the website for the Catherine Reynolds series. A little more details about the potentially upcoming movie(s) featuring Catherine Reynolds
Letters : 1754 Words : 326
Why no new stories have been published, and a potential major development for Catherine Reynolds to become "real"
Letters : 4904 Words : 894
Displaying results 1 to 5 out of 17